The Space On Main is open to monthly members and limited room reservations. Guests and public events are prohibited until further notice.Please Click Here for COVID-19 Updates
Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
USER’S ACKNOWLEDGMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
It is the mission of The Space on Main to foster entrepreneurship, innovation, the arts, education, health, and recreation in order to increase opportunity for personal and collective growth in the Cohase Region of Vermont and New Hampshire by providing a creative facility with access to affordable equipment, work spaces, and classes. It is our goal to ensure prosperity of our community by leveraging talent in the region by creating pathways to outside individuals, services, and technologies. The organization is administered by Monique Priestley.
By signing up as a member of The Space On Main you will have access to shared work spaces and the following benefits in accordance with your membership:
- Access to shared office space.
- 50/50 Fiber Internet (both wireless and wired options).
- Coffee equipment, water, and shared refrigerator space.
- A listing on and access to the member, company, and job directories.
- Reservable rooms. These rooms can be reserved in advance, or checked out for 15 minutes at a time, when there is no standing reservation in place. This includes the conference room and event space.
- Discounts on SOM-sponsored trainings and classes and access to SOM Slack and Facebook groups.
- Timed access to the building and specific rooms.
The Event Space, Conference Room, and Makerspace rooms are not included in any membership and can be rented by the hour by using the online reservation calendar. Event hosts and attendees are expected to use the reserved area only and will arrive and leave depending on date and time of reservation.
Membership terms start the day of purchase. This may include optional variable charges such as secure storage rental.
Memberships are paid online and automatically renewed.
Payment is required at the beginning of each membership term.
Room rentals are paid online and charged at the time of reservation.
Refunds will not be issued on processed payments.
Facility Lockup Agreement
Some memberships allow after hours access to the building. This will require agreeing to a facility lockup agreement and a walkthrough of the process prior to access being granted 24/7 membership access.
You will make sure that your attendees/guests are let in and leave once your event is complete.
You will clean up after your event, leaving The Space in the condition that it was found.
You will not exceed room capacity: Event Space (50), Conference Room (15), Makerspace (10), Building (200).
Members may select the membership type that best suits their needs. Membership level benefits and price may be changed at the discretion of The Space On Main. The following types of memberships are currently available to those who wish to use The Space On Main;
a. Community Member (Free. Limited.) Member may access The Space On Main’s online membership portal to make room reservations.
b. Common Area ($100/month.) Member may access The Space On Main Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to-5:00 pm. Members at this level must leave The Space On Main after 5:00 pm. Included at this level is access to shared space, shared desk usage, Internet access, and timed door entry.
c. Night Owl ($150/month.) Members at this level may access The Space On Main at any time. Includes access to shared space, shared desk usage, Internet access, and timed door entry.
Locking/Security. Members with 24/7 access may be required to set/reset the security system upon entering or leaving the Space On Main. An extra fee may be charged for the access fob to unlock the building after business hours, and members with 24/7 access shall pay a fee of $100 if they don’t return the fob upon cancelation or downgrading of membership.
d. Dedicated Desk ($250/month.) Members at this level may access The Space On Main at any time. Includes access to a dedicated desk in shared space, Internet access, and timed door entry.
e. Day Tripper (Drop-In, $35 per day.) Users may purchase a day pass allowing them access to The Space On Main for one calendar day, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to-5:00 pm. Includes access to shared space, Internet access, and timed door entry.
f. Sponsorships (6-12 months, pricing varies.) Member may access The Space On Main Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to-5:00 pm. Members at this level must leave The Space On Main after 5:00 pm. Included at this level is access to shared space, shared desk usage, Internet access, and timed door entry.
NOTE: All paid memberships include a listing on and access to the member directory, job board, and company directory; discounts on SOM-sponsored trainings and classes; and access to SOM Slack and Facebook groups.
All Members will have access member benefits including but not limited to: guest sign-in, water, free access to select The Space On Main sponsored functions, internet usage, utilities and building services, cleaning services, trash removal, and use of kitchen.
The Space On Main will make reasonable efforts to provide these benefits at all listed times, however, The Space On Main cannot guarantee that all benefits will be available at all times.
These benefits are shared resources that can be used by members for free for reasonable normal usage. All use of any shared resources must be reasonable. What is reasonable use is at the sole discretion of The Space On Main staff. If any staff notice that these resources are being abused or used beyond what we consider reasonable normal use, we reserve the right to restrict Users use of them or, if we have provided Users notice that Users use exceeds “normal use” and such excessive use continues after that notice, to terminate Users Membership and ban Users from access to The Space On Main.
COVID-19 MEMBER AGREEMENT
In order to adhere to State of Vermont guidelines during a declared State of Emergency, The Space On Main requires that members follow the protocols below until further notice:
- Complete the mandatory VOSHA training and email a completed certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the COVID-19 Member Agreement form, showing agreement of the requirements of using The Space On Main.
- EVERYDAY, members will check-in by going to the Member Check-In button on thespaceonmain.org website and then clicking Member Check-In. Search name, enter PIN (set on profiles), agree to the statement, and click the Check In button.
In order to keep everyone safe, failure to follow these requirements and those listed below will result in a suspension of membership until COVID is no longer an issue.
Mask on at all times. No exceptions.
- For the time being, all of us in The Space will be wearing a mask. No exceptions. This is based on State of Vermont and public health guidelines.
- If you have a video call, we recommend taking it at home.
- If you do not have a mask, please let Monique know ahead of time and she will locate a donated cloth mask for you.
- Members must take their temperatures prior to entering the building. If you do not have a thermometer, Monique will scan you (no contact).
- No one may enter The Space On Main if they have symptoms of illness.
- No one may enter if they have recently been in contact with someone who is symptomatic or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- As much as we love guests, The Space will have a members-only policy.
- Unfortunately, this includes our four-legged friends.
- Stay tuned as this policy will change as soon as we feel it is safe to do so.
- Work from home applies whenever possible.
- Members must maintain a 6’ distance apart.
- Disinfectant is provided on each floor with paper towels. (Until they run out, we also have wipes.)
- Each member will be required to clean their space before and after use.
- Members must practice frequent hand-washing.
- 1 person allowed in the kitchen at a time.
- No on-site food prep.
- Members must bring their own drinking vessels (e.g. coffee thermos, water bottle).
- Our water fountain will be taped off.
- Unfortunately, we will not be sharing coffee at this time, but The Local Buzz, Bliss Village Store, and Vittles Espresso would love your business.
- All workstations will be separated by a minimum of 6’; all furniture will be separated by 6’ or removed.
- Doors and windows will be opened to promote airflow as possible and permissible.
- We ask that you use the provided disinfectant to wipe down tables before and after use. Please leave the door open when you are done.
- We were awarded a grant which will be used to purchase 3 soundproof ROOM booths which should be here in the next 4-6 weeks!
- We are allowing for reservations of the Meeting Room on a members-only basis and only one person is allowed in the room at one time.
- The Conference Room is not usable by groups at this time.
- Event Space use may be arranged on a case-by-case basis as it can allow for 6′ distancing.
ALL USE BY RESERVATION ONLY
- It will be required for everyone entering the space to have a reservation, with a maximum stay of 4 hours (including members with dedicated desks).
- This will allow us to monitor the amount of members in the space at any given time and provide a proper contract tracing record in the case of an exposure risk.
- Each floor will be equipped with several disinfectant spray bottles. (Until they run out, we also have wipes.)
- A benefit of this reservation system is that members will be able to log on, see how busy the space will be, and determine use based on personal preferences.
- Please be sure to leave The Space as close to 5pm as possible each day to allow us to clean the building.
Aside from Dedicated Desk members, all members will be assigned the Common Area membership (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm). Once we are able to remove restrictions, people can upgrade to Night Owl membership. We will not be allowing Day Passes at this time.
Please check back for updates. The Space will relax protocols as restrictions lessen. In the event The State of Vermont tightens restrictions on the use of Low or No Contact Professional Services, The Space On Main may need to close its doors and disallow use with little to no advanced notice.
Thank you for your support!